Social Impact Project for Business Strategy Fellow to Support Social Entrepreneurship in Guatemala
Project Description and Impact
Our organization is Central America's premier center for social entrepreneurship and innovation. Our Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social entrepreneurship through a hands-on experience with pioneering organizations in the impact sector. By directly supporting and collaborating with regional social entrepreneurs, Fellows of our program acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
WHERE YOU COME IN
You will actively support and lead our Cultivation programs and workshops that guide social entrepreneurs to achieve traction, growth and disruptive social-environmental impact.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.
The fast track to the front line of social innovation.
The Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social entrepreneurship through a hands-on experience with a pioneer organization in the impact sector. By directly supporting and collaborating with regional social entrepreneurs, our Fellows acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
Specifically, the Fellowship provides the unique opportunity to:
* Directly support and collaborate with a wide and diverse range of regional entrepreneurs (up to ~60 over the course of an 8-month Fellowship, always depending on the performance of the Fellow and at the discretion of our team), granting exposure to a variety of business models, sectors and industries
* Gain a comprehensive and deep understanding of impact business models and the tools, strategies and best practices to develop and scale ventures in an emerging market
* Connect with a global and wide-reaching network of impact leaders, presenting invaluable opportunities for connections and career opportunities
* Join our organization's talented, multicultural, fun-loving tribe that is solving the region's most important challenges
* Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the history, culture and reality of Guatemala, the heart of the Mayan civilization and the most diverse country in Central America, with extraordinary access to captivating landscapes, adventures and cultural experiences
About the Hosting Organization
Alterna is a Non-profit working on Impact Investing, Global Development, Non-Profit.