IT Technical Support Experteer
Support Women Empowerment in Kisumu, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are a growing organization and we work for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provide assistance to the social sector. That is supporting our girl child education scholarship program, women socioeconomic program, youth empowerment program, people living with disabilities orphans and vulnerable children. We are seeking a motivated individual with work experience and deep understanding on how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware and software.
The IT Technical Support Experteer will mainly be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and advising the organization accordingly.
- Ability to integrate our organization's technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce wasted time and effort, and increase visibility into the data and metrics that matter most (to accommodate our women led business, table banking and our youth led business: M-Pesa, a mobile money transfer)
- Assist the organization in structuring a community a community resource center fully equipped with the computers where members of the community can access internet for learning purposes.
- Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization.
- Assist in installing and configuring computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks supporting the roll-out of new applications; setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Assist in conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Database Management
- Nonprofit Operations
- Software Development
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We have huts which can accommodate up to 20 people, there is power, flowing water, beddings and clean sanitation.
We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Volunteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Volunteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Luo/African delicacies.
- Staying within our community, will give volunteers an ample opportunity to learn and experience way of life and cultural practices.
- Since our organization is just a few Kilometers away from USA President Barack Obama ancestral home, we will arrange for a free visit and have a walk in Obama's village.This would be a great opportunity of its kind.
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as Kit Mikayi, and boat rides.
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Mission: Women Empowerment
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.