PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking); and basic technical skills.
Through the Youth Development Programme LAFF designs, funds and/or delivers training and workshops according to the identified needs and interests of our partner organisations and beneficiaries, following our established workshop programme/plan. Young people might also receive support from career guidance specialists. The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking); and basic technical skills. Intended to increase economic opportunities, technical skills training targets young people aged 14 to 25 to provide career guidance and support in the search for internship, business start-up and employment opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Youth Development Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
· Identify and address the educational and developmental needs/requirements of LAFF’s beneficiaries.
· Based on partner feedback, plan/implement life and technical skills training workshops and the LAFF Career Guidance Programme.
· Develop budgets and keep detailed financial records.
· Recruit and manage a team of local volunteers to assist with the workshops.
· Monitor academic results of beneficiaries.
· Identify and liaise with training providers (institutions, training centres, businesses and/or experts) and establish agreements when possible.
· Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the vocational training and career guidance programme and submit progress reports.
· Identify internships, short work experiences and job placement opportunities for young people.
· Foster and maintain positive working relationships with LAFF’s partner organisations.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Outstanding first-hand real life experience using your qualifications
- Perfect environment in which to perfect your Spanish
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector
- Gain experience in international development in Latin America
- Opportunity to be creative and develop your ideas within the project
- Highly rewarding and vital work
- Airport pick up
- City tour
- Support 7 days a week
- Help finding accommodation
- Weekend time to go trekking to Machu Picchu
- Useful resources to get to know Cusco and its surroundings
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Education, Fundraising, Non-Profit
Mission: Poverty Alleviation
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.