Inclusive Education Numeracy Advisor - Bilingual - Experteering Opportunity
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak Portuguese, English.
Additionally, speaking French, Italian, Spanishwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP and stay for 12 months to 12 months
Description and Impact
The role is to support and advise target partners (local education providers and community leaders) in integrating and implementing inclusive education practices for people with disabilities and ensuring accessibility of quality education for all girls aged 15 - 19, who have been excluded from the Education System; with main focus on numeracy issues according to the needs of students.
Watch our videos about our work in Mozambique:
Specific performance indicators:
- Existence of Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) district Education operational plan – based on standard national planning templates that is inclusive and being used as a guide for delivering district education programmes
- Strengthened knowledge and skills of district and communities’ education providers through training, mentorship in inclusive education areas ( e.g. strengthened skills of Senior Women & Men teachers in teaching and supporting girls and boys and other children with special needs in schools and at home)
- The existence of a clear support supervision mechanism for school improvements in areas planned/project achievement areas and activities developed in the District Education operational plan ( e.g. development/adoption of activity and data collection tools for monitoring, defining support supervision schedules, data collection and reporting timelines etc.)
Objectives will be confirmed in a discussion between the volunteer and VSO in the first three months of the placement.
========= APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS =========
This is a sponsored position from our partner VSO International, subject to its own application and selection process.
Please click here for further details and instructions on how to apply, which may include additional application steps.
All questions related to this project should be directed to VSO International at email@example.com. Although MovingWorlds does not oversee the application and selection process for this project, we make sure that all projects shared on our platform meet our rigorous standards for ethical, skills-based volunteering.
========== ========== ========== ===========
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A minimum of BA degree in inclusive education and related areas preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in in-service and/or pre-service teacher training at pre-primary and primary education level;
• Experience of training teachers at pre-primary and primary level and/or secondary level and proven knowledge and skills in Active learning, child-centred and inclusive methodologies and special needs education,
• Proven experience and Knowledge of developing, implementing and coordinating inclusive education projects/programs;
• Advisory ,communication and networking skills and experiences;
• Experience in developing inclusive education/SNE training materials (including teaching aids) and deliver trainings;
• Proven and practical knowledge of peer-to-peer support to share experience and learning;
• Have adequate knowledge and experience as well as the enthusiasm to continuously monitor and evaluate project results and write up reports regular quarterly and annual reports;
• Good interpersonal skills combined with a flexible and adaptable attitude;
• Excellent communication skills with good command of both spoken and written English;
• Experience in using the technology to ensure effective management of information systems, planning and decision making;
For this role, you need to be fluent in English & Portuguese/French/Spanish/Italian
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO will cover your travel costs.
From VSO you’ll get something few other volunteering organisations offer. An opportunity of using your skills and experience to have a long-lasting impact on peoples' lives.
You'll do something very different. You'll bring inspiration, energy and vital practical skills to help secure better healthcare, more valuable education and broader opportunities for poor people in Africa and Asia.
VSO will cover your local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
- We provide comprehensive medical insurance and support for all volunteers.
- Each country office has an appointed medical adviser
- You'll also get a list of recommended doctors, clinics, dentists and pharmacies.
- The VSO country office provides emergency contacts and medical emergency procedures 24/7
- The VSO country office is always there to help with major personal, medical or security problems.
- Minimum of 3 weeks annual leave