Inclusive Education Adviser- Experteering Opportunity
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP and stay for 9 months to 9 months
Description and Impact
• Working with one other volunteer Inclusive Education Adviser, advise on the final design of project interventions which aim to improve learning among children with disabilities and which include i) improvements to identification, screening and diagnosis processes; ii) teacher development and teaching practice; iii) enhanced school leadership by head teachers and School General Assembly Committees (SGACs); and improved coordination and management by local education authorities.
• Provide ongoing technical advice and leadership in the implementation of project interventions.
• Train, mentor and coordinate a team of five national volunteers working across Rwanda in their role as Special Needs Education Coordinators (SNECOs) – SNECOs will deliver the above key programme interventions at local level with support from the Inclusive Education Advisers.
• Make regular school and community visits to support the achievement of the programme.
• Regularly collect data on progress towards achieving programme goals.
• Look for and adapt instruments for the screening and assessment of children with disabilities
• Develop training manuals on inclusive education screening and assessment of children with disabilities for the training of teachers and SNECOs
• Develop disability inclusive education training/reference manuals for both pre-service and in-service teachers
• Support the SNECOs to follow up and support the teachers trained
Key performance indicators
• Improved identification and assessment of children with disabilities in school.
• Improved teaching and learning of children with disabilities in school.
• Improved leadership at school and local level in support of the learning of children with disabilities.
• Improved parental and community engagement in the education of children with disabilities.
• Documented learning for the scale-up of the role of SNECOs in the education system.
• Documented learning on the effectiveness of BLF interventions and their suitability for scale-up across Rwanda.
========= APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS =========
This is a sponsored position from our partner VSO International, subject to its own application and selection process.
Please click here for further details and instructions on how to apply, which may include additional application steps.
All questions related to this project should be directed to VSO International at email@example.com. Although MovingWorlds does not oversee the application and selection process for this project, we make sure that all projects shared on our platform meet our rigorous standards for ethical, skills-based volunteering.
========== ========== ========== ===========
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic. You should be willing to live in the same way as your local colleagues
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO will cover all of your travel expenses
From VSO you’ll get something few other volunteering organisations offer. An opportunity of using your skills and experience to have a long-lasting impact on peoples' lives.
You'll do something very different. You'll bring inspiration, energy and vital practical skills to help secure better healthcare, more valuable education and broader opportunities for poor people in Africa and Asia.
- All vaccinations, expenses and accommodation paid for by VSO
- Comprehensive medical insurance paid for by VSO
- Comprehensive training before you go
- Full support and security from our in-country offices
- Support with resettlement and re-employment on your return