Education Management Adviser Phnom Penh- Experteering Opportunity
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP and stay for 12 months to 12 months
Description and Impact
VSO has been working in Cambodia for over 25 years contributing to poverty reduction, policy change and community empowerment. VSO Cambodia strives for quality education, particularly in the most marginalized and under-served areas of the country. Our education programme supports the Government of Cambodia’s national education goals, including the Education Strategic Plan.
VSO Cambodia are recruiting 8 international volunteers to work as Education Management Advisors (hereby referred to as EMAs) in the the third phase of a project called Capacity Development Partnership – VSO (hereby referred to as CDP). The project intends to enhance learning outcomes for children in Cambodia by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the education sector. Indeed, the project will focus on ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of results-based and high quality sector plans and budgets in the sub-national levels, particularly in target provinces, districts and underperforming schools.
· The MoEYS staff at subnational level and school directors have received continuous professional capacity building (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and on-the-job support) in a systematic and evidence-based approach.
· The provided technical assistance has been provided in an effective approach taking into account current needs and future ambitions.
· All conducted activities have been aligned with VSO core programmatic approaches.
· The progress of implementation has been communicated/reported to the Project Manager on a regular basis.
Partnership engagement and collaboration
· Partnerships and good work environments with MoEYS staff at subnational levels and school directors have been successfully maintained.
· VSO has been represented in meetings with relevant stakeholders, opportunities of new partnerships has been explored.
· Sharing of knowledge to- and regular communication with partners and relevant. stakeholders have been carried out on regular basis.
· The project team has had an efficient work environment with good collaboration in particular between international- and national volunteer.
========= APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS =========
This is a sponsored position from our partner VSO International, subject to its own application and selection process.
Please click here for further details and instructions on how to apply, which may include additional application steps.
All questions related to this project should be directed to VSO International at email@example.com. Although MovingWorlds does not oversee the application and selection process for this project, we make sure that all projects shared on our platform meet our rigorous standards for ethical, skills-based volunteering.
========== ========== ========== ===========
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic. You should be willing to live in the same way as your local colleagues
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO will cover all of your travel expenses
From VSO you’ll get something few other volunteering organisations offer. An opportunity of using your skills and experience to have a long-lasting impact on peoples' lives.
You'll do something very different. You'll bring inspiration, energy and vital practical skills to help secure better healthcare, more valuable education and broader opportunities for poor people in Africa and Asia.
- All vaccinations, expenses and accommodation paid for by VSO
- Comprehensive medical insurance paid for by VSO
- Comprehensive training before you go
- Full support and security from our in-country offices
- Support with resettlement and re-employment on your return