Marketing & Sales specialist to solve medical waste problem in Uganda
Support Sustainable Cities and Communities in Kampala, Uganda
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
In 2017 our medical waste collection company, which is based in Uganda is in a phase of expansion from only covering the Central region to covering all the regions of the country in the area of medical waste and hazardous waste disposal. We recently received an investment which doubles its capacity and have hired a marketing & sales representative to lead this expansion. We are looking for a marketing & sales specialist to build the capacity of the newly recruited marketing & sales representative (a recent graduate Environmental Sciences) with the aim to design the marketing & sales strategy to scale up the company from 11 hospitals and 400 clinics in the Central region to 30 hospitals and 2000 clinics throughout the country in the next 3 years.
The deliverables of the project include:
- Develop the 3-year marketing and sales strategy together with the Ugandan marketing & sales representative
- Capacity building of the newly recruited marketing & sales representative to make sure she is able to carry out the marketing strategy on her own
- Develop a 1-year practical marketing plan based on current sales targets
- Support with increase of sales / recruit new clients and relationship management
- Support in creating brand awareness
- Brand Strategy
- International Business
- Strategic Marketing
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
A simple Bed & Breakfast in Kampala town
- Breakfast in the B&B
- Lunch will be provided by the office (or receipts will be refunded)
- Dinner (receipts will be refunded)
- Capacity building of Ugandan staff
- Insight in the environmental & health sector in Uganda
- Doing business in Uganda in the SME sector
- Support the management of an SME in Uganda
We can take you around the country and show you the secrets of Uganda
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Mission: Sustainable Cities and Communities
Size: Medium sized organization: 25 - 100 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.