Fundraising Expert to help in fundraising for education and healthcare projects in Enjoro Maasai Village
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3¾ months to 24 months
Description and Impact
Our organization is looking for a fundraising expert to help in fundraising for building classrooms and a dispensary healthcare facility to be implemented at Enjoro Maasai Village located in Arusha region in Tanzania. Due to lack of adequate classrooms pupils access to quality education is hampered. Also, lack of access to healthcare facility affects health of the whole village.
Lack of healthcare service adversely affects health and dignity of more than 2,300 villagers especially the lives of more than 1,000 women and children. Due to lack of healthcare service within the village, children have lost lives, women have given birth on the road or at home under unsanitary condition and have suffered from pregnancy and birth-related complications. Moreover, the already poor families spend a lot of money in search for healthcare located far away about 45 kilometers outside their village. In Tanzania, almost 23 women die every day from birth-related complications or nearly one woman in every hour. Building a dispensary facility will help to ensure sustainable access to healthcare facility for mothers, children and an entire village.
We have some raw videos and photos for the projects and so the Experteer is expected to join our team in grant proposal writing and fundraising campaign. This work requires good fundraising skills, computer skills ability, strong social media and story writing skills. One should expect to spend time both in the office and in the field.
The Experteer will be expected to join our team in resource mobilization to raise funds for the classrooms and a dispensary facility. We will know that the Experteer project is complete once we have the required funds for the dispensary and the classrooms.
Great for people with fundraising skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: email@example.com
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
The Experteer shall stay in a secure family compound but in a fully furnished apartment. There is a washing machine and a private kitchen to cook private meals whenever needed. Generally, there shall be a person cooking for the Experteer and many times he or she shall share meals with the host family.
- Swahili language and traditional meals
- Experience traditional life in the rural communities
- Traditional dance/music
The Experteer will be provided with three meal course, breakfast, lunch and dinner. They shall be local meals and also Experteer traditional meals can be provided upon request and participation of the Experteer. In the office, the will be coffee, tea and water throughout.
- Swahili language and traditional cooking lessons.
- One free game tour to Arusha National Park.
- Welcome, induction, and support to settle for work and for life in the new environment.
- A named contact person for support and help including processing of your work permit and tour excursions.
- Opportunity to contribute your creativity and talents to advance FAE’s mission.
- To get some time off-duty to socialize and enjoy the beauty of Tanzania.
- To work in the office but also to visit project sites in the rural communities.
- Free accommodation and an office space if relocating to Arusha.
- Training to understand the organization, its mission, job role and deliverable expected from you.
- Good working conditions in a fast-growing organization, a satisfactory and challenging job in a multicultural team.
- To be thanked for your time through certificate of appreciation and a letter of recommendation.
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.