Data Science Fellowship
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
We are changing how businesses manage smallholder farmers, suppliers, and clients through the effective use of mobile/web innovations. The Data Science Fellow will be responsible for analyzing the data on our m-commerce and survey platforms to help us understand its current data better and determine any business opportunities based on it. The successful candidate will work across the company to understand, organize and analyze our existing data, as well as design and implement our data strategy going forward. We are looking for someone who proactively searches for and makes value out of data by leveraging it for decision-making purposes.
- Develop and implement a data strategy for the company that results in valuable insights that can drive product development/enhancement and profits
- Work with team members from across all business functions to identify actionable, high-impact insights, helping us to improve our m-commerce solution
- Research, design, implement and validate algorithms to analyze m-commerce and survey data and achieve targeted outcomes
- Provide expertise on data-driven analysis and drive the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for us to effectively use and monetize its data
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of current (and future) data used for analysis
This project will be a success when we have a comprehensive data collection and analysis strategy in place and operational and is beginning to make business decisions off of these insights.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Families
We have a corporate apartment in Nairobi, where some of the executive team stay when they are in town. It is a quiet, safe and comfortable 3-bedroom near shopping, restaurants, etc.
Our goal is to ensure that the Fellow is not out of pocket for day-to-day living expenses while working with us. Our stipend won't cover the cost of your safari but it will cover your living expenses.
We will cover round-trip Economy class airfare and your work permit expenses.
You will learn a tremendous amount about fintech in Africa, poverty alleviation, the realities of smallholder farming in Africa, and the range of innovation occurring in this exciting market. You will also be given a lot of freedom in shaping our data strategy.
Health care coverage through our local provider