Education & Curriculum Designer to
Project Execution (Typically 1 - 6 months)
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
We are looking for a highly motivated Experteer to develop our training and educational materials for wind energy technology. The end goal is to have an accredited course recognized by international institutions.
To start, we need assistance developing educational elements for:
- schools and communities we work with
- volunteers who come from all over the world as part of their academic qualifications
- local technicians
Eventually, you'll move on to explore the accreditation requirements in the US, UK, and eventually internationally. Working closely with the Board Education Officer, workshop and field engineers, you will create a course program that meets these requirements to attract volunteers and ensure their hard work counts as a credit in their home institution.
- Experience in designing educational courses and programs
- Understanding of how college and university courses operate including the credits systems
- Volunteer experience
- Self-driven and enthusiastic
- Experience in educational establishments in the US and worldwide
Interested, but not quite right? Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is a success when:
- our volunteer program is an accredited course and is a well rounded educational experience
- local technician training is thorough, practical and consistent
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
Shared volunteer accommodation provided; other arrangements could be discussed.
Basics of small scale wind energy, and how they can help communities to live sustainably.
Experience in an NGO.
Opportunities to try out educational methodologies.
Immersion in a Spanish-speaking culture.
Self-serve breakfast Monday-Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Friday.
Vegetarian and other dietary requirements catered to.
Access to Spanish lessons.
Opportunity to participate in building and installing wind turbines and visiting communities to help at installations and maintenance trips.
Flexibility to take time off to travel in Peru.