You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanishwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
This field-based position is an exciting opportunity to support a Canadian-Peruvian grassroots NGO in our fundraising efforts, through grant writing, arranging local and international fundraising events and seeking out additional fundraising opportunities. The Fundraising Fellow will gain experience living and working in the Peruvian Andes. The position is based in Cusco, Peru, so that the Fellow can apply direct knowledge of the field operations of the organization to their fundraising efforts. We are seeking someone with prior experience in fundraising, which can include grant writing, event planning, crowdfunding, and expanding donor bases. The ideal candidate should be passionate about human rights, youth development and supporting indigenous communities. The successful candidate will ideally be competent in Spanish.
- Research relevant grants and bursaries
- Write grant and bursary proposals
- Research best practices in non-profit fundraising and corporate social responsibility programs
- Support donor cultivation
- Develop fundraising strategies and campaigns, including overseeing all aspects of
- crowdfunding campaigns
- Collaborate on a weekly fundraising event in Cusco
- Professional writing experience
- Understanding of different fundraising methods
- Understanding of finances, and literacy in financial projects and budgets
- Highly competent (reading, writing, and speaking) in English
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills and ability to work in
- Multi-cultural, collaborative environment
- Accountability and trustworthiness
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised, but also work well with others as part of a small team
- Creative and enthusiastic in order to seize new opportunities and identify potential areas for improvement and growth
- Preference for candidates who are fluent in Spanish
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
The successful candidate will develop a thorough knowledge of working in the field in International Development, and fundraising for a grassroots organisation. Based in Cusco, on the doorstep of Machu Picchu, our team works in remote communities of the Peruvian Andes, offering opportunities for economic development while nurturing the threatened indigenous Quechua culture. This will give the successful candidate valuable insights into issues such as youth development and indigenous rights.
If you are passionate about not-for-profits, working abroad with a culturally diverse team, and working with communities at the grassroots level, then this is the ideal position for you!
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.