Youth Development Coordinator
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English, Spanish.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3 months to 12 months
Description and Impact
Our organization was founded with the aim of raising funds in the United Kingdom and internationally to support local children's organizations in Peru. We work with partner organizations in Lima and Cusco in the Peruvian Andes to support children facing poverty, violence, and abuse, and to assist vulnerable children and young people living and working on the streets. Our programming focuses on education, particularly on vocational training initiatives and formal education support.
We aim to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem-solving, creative thinking); and basic technical skills.
Interested but not the right length of time for you? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help them in other ways? Message us at: email@example.com
Through the Youth Development Programme we design, fund and/or deliver training and workshops according to the identified needs and interests of our partner organizations and beneficiaries, following our established workshop programme/plan. Young people might also receive support from career guidance specialists. The main goal of this programme is to equip children and young people with relevant soft skills (communication, language, interpersonal); life skills (decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking); and basic technical skills. Intended to increase economic opportunities, technical skills training targets young people aged 14 to 25 to provide career guidance and support in the search for internship, business start-up and employment opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Youth Development Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify and address the educational and developmental needs/requirements of our beneficiaries.
- Based on partner feedback, plan/implement life and technical skills training workshops and our Career Guidance Programme.Develop budgets and keep detailed financial records.
- Recruit and manage a team of local volunteers to assist with the workshops.
- Monitor academic results of beneficiaries.
- Identify and liaise with training providers (institutions, training centres, businesses and/or experts) and establish agreements when possible.
- Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the vocational training and career guidance programme and submit progress reports.
- Identify internships, short work experiences and job placement opportunities for young people.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with our partner organisations.
·Undergraduate Degree (or currently enrolled) in Social Sciences, Modern Languages, Education (or related field), or relevant experience working with young people and implementing youth development programmes.
·Recommended 6 months volunteer and/or work experience involving education, management, teamwork and/or administration.
· Cultural sensitivity and experience working with vulnerable children.
· Advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and intermediate English ability.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Highly organized, flexible, independent, and detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
· Excellent time management skills.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Outstanding first-hand real life experience using your qualifications
- Perfect environment in which to perfect your Spanish
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector
- Gain experience in international development in Latin America
- Opportunity to be creative and develop your ideas within the project
- Highly rewarding and vital work
- Airport pick up
- City tour
- Support 7 days a week
- Help finding accommodation
- Weekend time to go trekking to Machu Picchu
- Useful resources to get to know Cusco and its surroundings