You must be able to speak Spanish, English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3 months to 6 months
Description and Impact
The fundraising component of our work aims to increase funds from Trusts and Foundations, schools and universities in order to financially support our programmes. Working with our communications coordinator, this fundraising focused role maintains and improves our international and local visibility through innovative strategies and raises awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular, those affecting young people in Peru, in order to increase local and international funding support. The fundraising strategy consists of identifying fundraising possibilities; writing proposals to trusts, foundations and businesses; and engaging with schools and universities. Focus is also placed on ensuring that all funders receive updated information and appropriate gratitude/recognition for their support.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager the Fundraising Experteer will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Plan, develop, and carry our fundraising activities
- Research potential funding opportunities and draft funding proposals with the participation of other team members, depending on the programme area
- Ensure all current donors are recognised for their support and are well informed of progress on the ground through timely and relevant reports and updates
- Launch campaigns encouraging fundraising activities for our supporters
- Manage and develop our ambassador's programme
- Maintain and update a fundraising strategy
- Ensure that the fundraising practices reflect the priorities, mission, and vision of our organization
- Network and forge links with relevant stakeholders and organisations (including current and potential donors, companies, trusts, foundations, schools, and universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives and the engagement of our supporters in all fundraising activities
- Ensure that all supporters have regular contact with the young people they are supporting
Additional Useful Skills
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Improve your Spanish
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector
- Gain experience in international development in Latin America
- Opportunity to be creative and develop your ideas within the project
- Airport pick up
- City tour
- Support 7 days a week
- Help finding accommodation
- Useful resources to get to know Cusco and its surroundings
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.