< 10 hours a week
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start Flexible
Description and Impact
We're seeking an Experteer with video production experience to support we aim to provide and facilitate the improvement of our communications visibility through the creation of professional and artistic promotional videos. As a video editor, you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of promotional videos, using footage and editing it to create short video messages and supporting the uploading of videos of appropriate sites.
As a Video Editor Experteer, you will be expected to:
- Plan and coordinate videos for a range of different purposes, e.g. promotion of the volunteer programme, general updates with the different projects, quarterly updates from the team, fundraising campaigns e.g. back to school/Christmas campaign. This will involve direct contact with the Board and Programme Manager.
- Research different NGOs use of videos for communication purposes, e.g. length, style, messaging etc. Advice Trustee Board on recommendations for use of video.
- Coordinate with volunteers in Peru to generate high-quality video footage for editing purposes.
- Manage the Dropbox folder with video footage to make sure it is filed and labeled appropriately in folders that are accessible to all relevant stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using editing software to create promotional videos.
- Creativity and a passionate interest in promotional videos for NGO's and editing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good written and oral communication skills in Spanish (desired).
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind.
We Provide These Local Benefits
1. Improve your Spanish
2. Gain experience in working in the non-profit sector
3. Gain experience in the international development in Latin America
4. Opportunity to be creative and develop your ideas within the project
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.