Construction Manager for tech.art Installation & Museum Space in India
Project Execution (Typically 1 - 6 months)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP
Description and Impact
Our organization is an experiential, multi-sensory space that creates immersive experiences through tech-enabled installations. Visitors’ are led through the museum following a non-linear story-telling approach. The museum will be complemented with workshops & talks (STEAM), a niche tech product fair, related events & performances and an F&B area focused on taste hacking. We will open our doors to the public in November 2019 in Goa. This is a totally new concept in India and we would like to introduce the space with a bang.
We are looking for a creative, hands-on experteer with knowledge and skills in various aspects related to building interactive tech.art installations, furniture, decorations, structures, sculptures and lots of fun things. In addition to building and making, if you like, you are welcome to put in your ideas and contribute designing the overall space (15+rooms) and interiors. The more brains, the more phantasmagorical the space becomes.
We have a list of things to be created/built/made and you are welcome to chose which you enjoy most and with which sub-project/activity your skills are put best to use (e.g. wood work, welding, handicraft, carton, electric work, panting). The project will involve working with various materials (select depending on experience and skill) to build small to large scale structures, decorations, etc. that are safe and will hold up. When possible, we'd like to use up-cycled materials to reduce waste.
Depending on your time, interest and skills, we would select one sub-project (e.g. one art installation) to work on.
- Contribute to planned tech.art installations by advising and ensuring the making and building the structures and the decorations (stability, right materials, building techniques, etc. depending on the mini project)
- Please ensure to share your expertise in your area and guide other helpers to work with you in the project you may lead and guide our overall team on best practices in the field you advise so we can replicate your example in the future
- Provide design ideas on further possible creations and help make them by guiding a small team (if you like and if you have the time at hand)
We are open to different types of roles, depending on the time available of the Experteer and we adjust to their interest and our needs individually.
Ideally, you have an understanding of tech.art and interactive installations, experiential entertainment, etc.
We are looking for someone passionate about our project (happy to talk more on the phone) and we are flexible to your needs and life situation.
At the same time, once we shake virtual hands, will commit to our offer and expect you to do the same.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
We are currently inviting a number of volunteers during this super hot project phase before the grand opening. In case we have a large enough number (e.g. 6 people) we can rent a house rooms, possibly partially sharing rooms. If not, we would rent either hostel beds nearby or also invite you to stay with us or team members' houses, in our guest rooms.
Therefore, we will figure this out on an individual basis, depending on the timing you would come. We will share details and photos on the accommodation to ensure it fits your expectation and you will enjoy your stay.
In general, we cannot provide a travel stipend.
However, if you are from a developing country (term used by grant giving organization), we could help applying for travel support stipends with Organizations we know. It is their decision to grant you support or not. We think, however, it is worth a try.
We are a team of experienced professionals (10-35 years) who decided to change their path and start-up this unique project in various areas.
We would certainly inspire inter-disciplinary learning, sharing and collaboration, depending on your interests.
Our work areas are
- Design of interactive installations, interior decoration and spaces (creative and tech/coding parts)
- Building above (hands-on building, welding, wood work, electrics, etc.) and building also furniture
- Documentation and content creation (video, animation, AI generated content, etc.)
- Start-up management, partnership building
- Educational programming, pedagogical work and focus on children's experience
- Communications and Marketing
- and a number of more...
At the museum location, we will provide an Indian style community lunch during the day.
- We will put you in touch with the local network we have, including the local and international artists, engineers and others we work with.
- We give you all insider tips we have so that you have an amazing and unforgettable time in Goa.
- We will also give you a complete, professional reference letter after completion for any potential future employer.
Please do share your additional needs with us and we will do our best to accommodate.