Digital marketing specialist to support quality education in Cambodia
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP and stay for 1¾ month to 12 months
Description and Impact
You will be exposed to and be accountable for the ongoing creative strategy and execution of digital marketing campaigns ranging from strategy, implementation, and continuous optimization. You will achieve this through;
- Creating and maintaining our overall marketing strategy.
- Crafting high quality, targeted, engaging ad copy and managing our Google AdWords account (We have a grant from Google allowing us $10,000USD per month spend)
- Creating and updating content for the website to align with Google ads campaigns
- Creating a marketing strategy and product development roadmap for launching our Children's books online.
- Creating and implementing a social media marketing plan.
- Strategise and create an online community for Cambodian kindergarten teachers to communicate and share their own ideas.
- Knowledge transfer to local staff and the directors of the organisation.
Your work will not only impact the local community but all of Cambodia. Although kindergartens in Cambodia generally have qualified teachers, they lack resources to effectively teach that curriculum. Your skills will enable us to find the supporters, volunteers and local teachers that will make our project a success. You will directly impact on the 800 kids that attend the schools we physically support however your marketing skills will reach out to a much larger audience, promoting our digital resources for all kindergarten teachers in Cambodia and introducing new techniques and ideas with the potential for touching 10's of thousands more lives. You will be integral in ensuring our success and better education for the children of Cambodia.
Goals to be achieved
Depending on your length of stay, we would like to see;
- Completed social media guidelines that our staff/volunteers can easily replicate.
- Matured social media accounts, getting the message of our charity work out there.
- Matured Adwords account that brings in a combination of donations, volunteers and awareness.
- Adwords guidelines for maintaining into the future.
- Advise on an educational package to differentiate our children's books. Launch our children's books with educational package in English onto Amazon or similar platform to help monetize our resources.
If time/skills permit;
- Website updates with content and layout.
- Blog posts generating free traffic through SEO
- Photography training for our staff
Firstly, you know your calling is marketing and you are fanatical (highly passionate!) about it. You are someone who is ready to roll up your sleeves and give it everything you’ve got. You have professional experience but looking to further enhance your CV with non-profit work. You’re all in for getting your hands dirty. You’re all in for your own self-development. You’re all in for making a better world.
Secondly, you thrive on the idea of working amongst a small incredible team. Your can-do and nothing-is-too-much-trouble attitude always sees you putting your hand up to take on something extra.
Finally, you believe that every child deserves the right to an education. You pride yourself on your ability to combine creative thinking and writing with your problem-solving skills. You realize that charity work is very budget conscious but you love the challenge of finding new innovative ways to get the message across.
We will be looking for;
- A genuine interest & passion for digital marketing in the charity sector.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Fantastic communication skills both written and verbal
- Creative writing skills
- Google Ads certification is highly advantageous
- Passion in creating change and sustainable development
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
We have 2 rooms available for volunteers at our office. Rooms feature;
- King size bed
- Air conditioning
- Hot water shower
- Mosquito nets
- Western toilet
- Separate shared kitchen with refrigerator and cooking utensils etc. (shared with other room)
- Outdoor living area
- High-speed fiber optic internet
- Ceiling fan.
Cambodian culture. We are integrated into the local community and can give you a good grounding in this world. You may come here to share your knowledge but you will take away a thorough understanding of real-world problems and develop an understanding of how western ideas need to be modified to suit the Cambodian people.
Khmer lessons and integration into the local community. We also offer full induction to familiarize you with buying food from the market, finding restaurants, medical help, specialty shops etc.
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.