Social Impact Project for Fashion and Design Expert into Women's Empowerment NGO
Project Description and Impact
We are looking for a professional who would like to use their fashion and design experience to assist at Sambhali Graduates Sewing Centre in Jodhpur. Sambhali Graduates Sewing Centre employs women who have completed the textile-production class at the Sambhali Empowerment Centre and offers women a chance to earn their own income. The women make clothes, accessories and handicraft items that are sold at Sambhali Boutique.
The Boutique provides a very important role, as Sambhali Trust is a non-profit organization, any profits accrued from the sales of items through the Boutique, after paying for raw materials, wages, and shop overheads, go directly back into the organization supporting its many projects, helping to make the organization self-sustainable. We are looking for professionals who are:
- Studying fashion or design and/or have experience in these areas, including sewing, dress making, embroidery or similar
- Available for a minimum of two weeks
- Eager to work, are flexible and would like to use their creative skills
- Willing to work alongside other interns/volunteers to achieve the objectives of Sambhali Trust
- Teach them a new broderie/sewing/fashion/design skills
- Working with the Hindi Supervisor to assist with the preparation of orders
- Bringing forth new ideas for products and designs (trying to incorporate traditional Indian styles and modern elements)
You could also assist at the empowerment centers with arts and crafts workshops.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
As a professional volunteering for Sambhali Trust you will learn a lot about how to run a grass-root organization, how the boutique is set up and what kind of impact this work has on the women.
Furthermore, we can offer you and all the other volunteers informal cooking lessons.
Sambhali Trust also has an Empowerment Center in the desert village Setrawa. A trip could be arranged to experience life in the desert and meet the women working in Setrawa.
Furthermore you get discounts at several cafes and shops in town.
About the Hosting Organization
Sambhali Trust is a Non-profit working on Education.