Why is this program important and needed?
There is a notable increase in businesses looking to achieve sustainability, equity, and other social impact targets, but who face barriers along the ‘first mile’ and ‘last mile.’ Social enterprises have the innovative solutions to overcome these challenges, but often lack the ongoing education and support to build cross-sector partnerships.
What is the ideal social enterprise profile?
This program is for social enterprises that meet the following criteria:
- Size & Employees: Has at least one employee beyond the founder(s). The average enterprise will be between 5 and 45 employees.
- Stage: Has a tangible good, service, or product that is already being sold and generating revenues.
- Revenues: Most qualifying enterprises will be generating between $100,000 and $2.5 Million USD annually, but this will vary by country and geography.
- Legal Status: Legally exists for a pro-social and/or environmental impact (this can be a nonprofit, for-profit with a social mission, hybrid, co-op, community-based group, or other type of legal structure.)
- Mission Alignment: Measures and reports on pro-social and/or environmental impact to the public, board, and/or another 3rd party.
- Program Fit: Has a team member (which may be the founder) – or multiple team members – responsible for growing revenues through partnerships.
What is the cost for social enterprises to participate?
Thanks to generous support from SAP, participation during COVID is free. To enhance program quality, we will be experimenting with a membership model in 2022, based on the social enterprise’s home-country and revenues.
I'm not a social enterprise but I want to support, how can I?
For a complete list of S-GRID FAQs, please visit our help center.