Social Enterprise Champion & Global Connections Fellow
Support Economic Empowerment in Medellin, Colombia
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
This fellowship is a fulltime position in our Medellin office, and has both an operational and a research & analysis component. You'll be working on a mission-critical part of our team, with a balance of your more individual and team projects.
The first week will be dedicated to orientation and training, to be familiarized with MovingWorlds mission and processes. Subsequently, the fellow will engage in operations and interact with social impact organizations around the world to learn more about their needs and identify ways that MovingWorlds can help them accelerate their mission.
In summary, primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with Social Impact organizations to help them post projects on MovingWorlds and harness the benefits from hosting an Experteer (scoping, reviewing & promoting opportunities)
- Support Experteer matching by reaching out to specific social impact organizations and partners (using our existing CRM and Admin management tools). In depth profiling through personal intake calls may be part of this
- Design, run and evaluate special projects, campaigns and tests, that help us scale our business and improve our impact
Experimental, lean design and customer development aimed at scaling our businesses, improving our bottom-line, and evaluation and measurement of results will be integral parts of this approach.
Success will be measured by (among others) the following indicators
- Number and quality of opportunities (Experteering projects) posted
- Number of satisfied Organizations returning to post multiple opportunities with us
- Number of successful matches
- Number of satisfied Experteers as measured by our Exit Surveys
At the start of the assignment, in coordination with the supervisor, you will develop a work plan with clear deliverables. You'll receive feedback both during and after the project on things like communication, pro-activeness, accuratesse and customer feedback.
Your contact person for reporting and accountability will the CIO (Derk Norde), who’s based in Medellin. However you will be in frequent touch with other team members as well.
- Business Strategy
- Data Analysis
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS:
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We provide (a stipend that covers) your accommodation in the city of Medellin for the duration of your fellowship
- How to scale a business through project-based lean Startup principles
- How Startup environment works in an international setting
- Learn about social entrepreneurship in emerging markets
- Work with a growing startup team of likeminded and highly motivated colleagues
- Work from a cool shared office space with other inspiring startups / global entrepreneurs
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Hello, I just saw this opportunity and wonder if you are still looking for a volunteer? I would be very keen in applying. I am in Medellin till end of the year and potentially beyond. thanks! Farah
Hi Farah, we do have some opportunities with MovingWorlds team in Medellin - it would be great to learn more about you first. Could you maybe first complete your profile and let me know more about your background and what you are looking for specifically?
HI team, I noticed that this opportunity is already matched but was wondering if you have a similar one coming out soon? Also, what is the minimum duration time of this one? Thanks, Tanya
Hi Tanya, thanks for reaching out. Yes, we actually may have a new position coming up for matchmaking support and partnership development in Medellin, but that would not be before mid-October. Because for this role, there's a clear learning curve, to be most effective the minimum duration should be 4 months. Would that be feasible for you?
Ask a question
Industry: Non-Profit, Travel & Tourism
Mission: Economic Empowerment
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.