Project Assistant in charge of the Communication and Partnerships
Support Economic Empowerment in Nairobi, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
As the Project Assistant in charge of the Communication and Partnerships, you have two principal missions: first, to develop and pursue a communication strategy informing about DTL projects different categories of audiences; second, to coordinate searching for and establish partnerships with organizations interested in supporting DTL activities.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To develop a communication strategy targeting wide range of public
- To set up different communication channels for DTL such as Instagram, YouTube, newsletter, functional Facebook page and website, Twitter etc.
- To update regularly content of communication channels, informing public about ongoing activities of DTL
- To make sure different categories of audiences that are or may be beneficial to the project are targeted: Dandora community, Nairobi and Kenyan citizens beyond Dandora, politicians, academia, urban and community development experts, international organizations etc.
- To coordinate searching for and the establishment of partnerships with organizations (private and public sector, NGOs, academia and others) that would provide funding and/or assist with an expertise/training for DTL projects. You will forward the information about a partnership opportunity to the relevant DTL staff in charge of the targeted area of intervention and make sure that all identified partnership opportunities are addressed
- To closely monitor activities of DTL and situation on ground to update the communication content accordingly
- To propose new projects and activities that could be implemented by DTL
- computer literate: a good knowledge of social media required
- good communication writing skills
- fluent in English, Kiswahili is an advantage but not a must
- should have a background in communication or a related field
Expected outcomes of the Experteer's work are:
- functional communication channels with updated content: website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube
- a detailed database of partnerships, including both already established partnerships and identified opportunities
- established contact with diverse stakeholders supporting the DTL project
Great for people with communication skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nonprofit Operations
- Public Relations
- Social Media
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
Experteering with us, you will have opportunity to discover more about community development and urban regeneration.
A friendly working environment with colleagues always ready to help during your integration in a new country.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Architecture & Planning, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Plastics, Professional Training & Coaching
Mission: Economic Empowerment
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.