Project Assistant in charge of Enterprise Development
Support Economic Empowerment in Nairobi, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Your principal mission as the Project Assistant in charge of Enterprise Development is to
develop and pursue a long-term business model for enterprise development in Dandora based on identified income-generating opportunities in relation to the urban regeneration project of DTL.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To map existing sustainable income generating opportunities that are worth to be developed within Dandora, such as plastic recycling
- To develop a business model based on a comprehensive market analysis and social enterprise model principles, having a sustainable impact on the neighborhood and playing an inclusive role through mobilizing community groups from all Dandora and not only a few individuals
- To search for and to establish partnerships with organizations (private and public sector, NGOs, academia, and others) which would provide funding and/or necessary capacity building training to launch the enterprise before it is financially self-sufficient
- To launch the execution of the business plan and to assist the groups at the beginning of the enterprise
- To closely monitor and evaluate the execution of the business plan, bringing any changes to the proposed model if needed
- To propose new projects and activities that could be implemented by DTL in regards to enterprise development
- Must be computer literate
- Should have background in business or marketing
- Should have experience in developing business models; experience with social enterprises preferable
- Should be fluent in English, Kiswahili is an advantage but not a must
Great for people with business development skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: email@example.com
Expected outcomes of the Experteer's work are:
- identified enterprise development opportunities
- a long-term business model for enterprise development
- established partnership enabling the launch of the enterprise
- Business Strategy
- Program Management
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
The experteer can learn how to combine social enterprise development, community development and urban regeneration to improve living standards in a neighbourhood and empower the community.
A friendly working environment with colleagues always ready to help you with your integration in a new country!
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Architecture & Planning, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Plastics, Professional Training & Coaching
Mission: Economic Empowerment
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.