Video, Photo Editor/ Social Media Campaigner
Support Environment in Medellin, Colombia
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
A Tourism operator and travel agency in Medellin would like to offer a Video, Photo Editor/ Social Media Campaigner to activate sustainable tourism & the campaign to manage Colombia’s critical river ecosystems.
Great for people with photography and videography skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Edit and publish daily 30-second story-telling videos for social media outlets (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook) based on existing footage about Expedition Colombia & “Samana Fest”, a multi-day conference about sustainable development of the Samana River featuring a rafting and kayaking trip to celebrate Antioquia ’s last pristine river.
· Edit and publish photographs and photo albums daily for clients to share on social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, etc.
· Edit, produce and publish one 5-minute story-based online videos to promote Colombian sustainable development of rivers based on existing footage (these will be pitched to Expedition Colombia industry contacts including Adventure Travel Trade Association network, ProColombia, kimkim, National Geographic Society, Redbull, Outside Magazine, Kayak Sessions Magazine, etc.)
· Edit, produce and publish three 1 minute story-based online videos to promote Colombian tourism based on existing footage (these will be pitched to Expedition Colombia industry contacts including Adventure Travel Trade Association network, ProColombia, kimkim, National Geographic Society, Redbull, Outside Magazine, Kayak Sessions Magazine, etc.)
· Edit, produce and publish graphic media design for a social media campaign surrounding Colombia’s national campaign to clean the River Magdalena & protect its tributaries (logo, facebook page, etc.)
· Participate in filming throughout critical watersheds, including the Samana River, with Expedition Colombia’s logistical support
Participant successfully completes the following projects in 3 months:
- Design (Web or Print)
- Online Marketing
- Social Media
We Provide These Local Benefits
Accommodation allowance up to monthly 600.000 COP total or free lodging at family home (couples welcomed) & both options to be discussed.
- How to start a business in Colombia
- The tourism market in Colombia
- Sustainable development model of tourism
- Improve upon your Spanish skills by working in a professional environment with fluent Spanish speakers
- River-related conservation efforts in Colombia
- Conservation contacts within Medellin & Colombia
- Music, culture, top adventure destinations throughout Colombia, adventure travel network in Colombia
- participate for free on 1-day trip and 1 multi-day trip with Expedition Colombia (valued at approximately 900 USD)
- All food & lodging is included while on work-related expeditions.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Eco-centre / lodging, Education, Global Development, Health, Wellness and Fitness, Hospitality, Non-Profit, Sports, Travel & Tourism
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.