Sales Lead, Communications Associate
Support Environment in Kampala, Uganda, Uganda
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Cooking on open fires is the leading environmental cause of death in the world. Traditional fires waste fuel, contribute to deforestation, release carbon into the atmosphere, and waste families’ money and time. In Sub-Saharan Africa, it is not uncommon for families to spend a large portion of their income on cooking fuel, perpetuating the cycle of poverty. We are a nonprofit organization working to solve this problem through the sale of clean cookstoves and alternative fuels.
To do this, we are seeking qualified Sales and Communications Associate to help us realize this goal.
- Social Media & Communications
- Managing social media for both fundraising in the US and marketing efforts in Uganda (answering questions about products, pricing, etc), updating blogs, photographing project, making videos about our users for the website and crowd funding
- Drafting newsletters on monthly basis
- Sales Lead, Marketing & Distribution, Training
- Giving recommendations on how to improve marketing efforts overall and making a marketing plan for the duration of the volunteer project and for the upcoming year
- Creating training materials for future marketers
- Implement and train staff marketers in:
- Targeted direct marketing campaigns in person in select markets and neighborhood areas of Kampala, which can entail going door to door
- Finding retailers for our stoves throughout Kampala including supermarkets
- Going on truck sales throughout the country to better train marketers, (marketing in various towns for 2-4 days at a time)
- Approaching large businesses regarding bulk sales of our products to their employees by deducting cost from their salaries (if the employee wants the product)
- Marketing to teachers and health professionals in their schools and clinics.
- Wholesaling our briquettes to charcoal retailers
We will have increased sales from 300 stoves to 1,000 stoves monthly.
- Social Media
We Provide These Local Benefits
$300 monthly living stipend
How to excel in developing countries
How to grow an organization using sales
Leadership and interpersonal skilles
Local expertise in tourism opportunities, outdoor and cultural activities
Assistance in finding housing and understanding local customs
Chance to work with a growing, innovative start up in the energy sector
Chance to help improve the lives of thousands of people!
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.