PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Cooking on inefficient, traditional open fires is the leading environmental cause of death in the world. Preparing 3 meals a day over an open fire – a common practice in the developing world – is the equivalent of smoking 200 cigarettes, every single day. Yet, 3 billion people cook their daily meals over an open fire, creating pollution that kills 4.3 million people each year, due to a lack of any other option. Traditional fires waste fuel, contribute to deforestation, release carbon into the atmosphere, and waste families’ money and time. In Sub-Saharan Africa, it is not uncommon for families to spend a large portion of their income – sometimes up to 30% -on cooking fuel, perpetuating the cycle of poverty.
We are a nonprofit organization working to solve this problem through the sale of clean cookstoves and alternative fuels. To do this, we are seeking qualified fundraising candidates to help us realize this goal. Specifically, we are looking for the candidate to:
- Design and implement a crowd funding strategy for multiple areas of our work (funding for refugee camps distribution, slum distribution, stoves, fuels, awareness creation) then implement strategy, likely to be: initial posting, updates 4-8 times in 2 months on each site, circulating on social media 3x weekly
- Maintain Amazon Smiles and other partnerships
- Develop CSR strategy and materials for cookstove and grill companies
- Review project proposals written by the MD and give suggested edits
- Manage social media for both fundraising in the US and marketing efforts in Uganda (answering questions about products, pricing, etc), updating blogs, photographing project, making videos about our users for the website and crowd funding
- Draft newsletters on monthly basis
Great for people with communication and social media skills! Interested but not the right length? Like our organization and have an idea how your skills can help us? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to raise $200,000 in the coming 6 months for our operations to expand into Uganda.
- Social Media
We Provide These Local Benefits
We can offer a $200 per month stipend for in-country volunteers
How most of the world lives
How to help develop a small social enterprise
Inter-personal, inter-cultural and leadership skills
Assistance in finding accommodation, tours, activities and lots of local knowledge to make your stay extra worthwhile!
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.