Community Health Education Experteer
Support Health in Belo, Cameroon
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Our organization is a non-profit that aims to be the most innovative and responsive community-based organization by activating social solidarity amongst orphans, organic agriculture, women empowerment and environmental sustainability to turn the tides against the devastating effects of HIV/AIDS on the people of Belo and Boyo division. This challenge should be tackled at the parental stage with families. The education expert could hold talks and conduct workshops with girls, boys and families on how best this challenge can be handled and ultimately alleviated
The inhabitants of Belo sub division are Kom and they speak "Itanghi Ikom" and learn French and English in school. We are working on sustainable solutions for a better environment and health
The youth were very proactive to start a program called Football for Action against HIV/AIDS and social independent. We encourage people to know their HIV status through testing and voluntary counseling through enlightening the community about how HIV was spread and how people could avoid contracting it. Those who were already affected we referred them to hospital. We are also promoting diabetic prevention and care and would like to relay that message in school while creating School health clubs
The main objective is to develop a community and the neighboring villages with a holistically through self-help initiatives and campaigns in all health topic that are preventable which are also silent killers in Africa today.
- Experteer will conduct 4 community outreach meetings to discuss preventative health
- Experteer will create educational pamphlets to distribute regarding health issues
- Experteer will consult and educate the football team on HIV/AIDs prevention
- Experteer will conduct (100) exams to detect life-threatening illnesses early on
We shall know that this project is successful when we have less orphans coming to join the project so there will also be less deaths. We shall have more children stay in school to show prove that they are healthy.
- Medical Professionals
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
we have a 3 room apartment house that could house 5 people and they share a room with two toilets and a bath
We have a cook that provide 3 meals a day but experteers contribute to their meals too.
- We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Experteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Experteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Kom delicacies. Staying within our community, will give experteers an ample opportunity to learn and experience way of life and cultural practices.
- The experteer will learn our local language and Learn local cooking
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as palaces and .cliff walks
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Civic & Social Organization, Farming, Travel & Tourism
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.