Support Education in Cusco, Peru
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Summary: The communications component of our work aims to provide and facilitate relevant and timely information for our fundraising activities; maintaining and improving our international and local visibility through innovative strategies; and raise awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular, those affecting children and young people in Peru. The communication strategy consists of producing and disseminating information, blogs, newsletters and posts through our website, social networks and/or other relevant channels.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Communications and Information Officer will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Plan, develop and administer our communications
- Prepare and/or update a communications strategy identifying objectives, messages, audiences, and products.
- Produce and disseminate public information and high-quality print and electronic communications regarding our activities.
- Provide quality control on all print and electronic public information materials – including social media platforms, the website, videos, blogs, organizational brochures and information packets, briefing books, etc.
- Promote a better understanding and awareness of socioeconomic realities and our programs.
- Ensure that communication practices reflect our priorities, mission, and vision.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organizations (including local government, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
Great for people with communication skills!
Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: email@example.com
- Undergraduate Degree in communications, languages, international relations or related field.
- Volunteering and/or work experience (including communications, PR, field and/or international development experience) highly desirable.
- Interest in acquiring communications and international development experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Experience/good knowledge of social media usage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Personal Qualities: We are looking for self-assured, motivated self-starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in an International Development context.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas, and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a CRB check prior to acceptance – which will be free of charge and LAFF will help to arrange. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.
- Public Relations
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Does this opportunity probides accomodation? And how can I apply?
Hi Maria Jose, Unfortunately, accommodation is not provided as part of the programme. However, if accepted onto the programme, you would receive a list of housing recommendations. You will also be supported in finding accommodation upon arrival if you choose that route. By following this link: http://www.laffcharity.org.uk/volunteer/volunteer-in-peru/ you will find detailed information about all of the roles we offer in Peru. Also on this page you will find a link to the Volunteering Application Form, which you will need to download, fill in and finally send to firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope this helps!
Ask a question
Industry: Education, Fundraising, Non-Profit
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.