PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
The fundraising component of LAFF's work aims to increase funds from Trusts and Foundations, schools and universities in order to financially support LAFF's programmes. Working with LAFFF's communications coordinator, this fundraising focused role maintains and improves LAFF's international and local visibility through innovative strategies and raises awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular those affecting young people in Peru, in order to increase local and international funding support. The fundraising strategy consists of identifying fundraising possibilities; writing proposals to trusts, foundations and businesses; and engaging with schools and universities. Focus is also placed on ensuring that all funders receive updated information and appropriate gratitude/recognition for their support.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager the Fundraising Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Plan, develop, and carry our LAFF's fundraising activities
- Research potential funding opportunities and draft funding proposals with the participation of other LAFF team members, depending on the programme area
- Ensure all current donors are recognised for their support and are well informed of progress on the ground through timely and relevant reports and updates
- Launch campaigns encouraging fundraising activities for LAFF's supporters
- Manage and develop LAFF's ambassadors programme
- Maintain and update a fundraising strategy
- Ensure that the fundraising practices reflect the priorities, mission and vision of LAFF.
- Network and forge links with relevant stakeholders and organisations (including current and potential donors, companies, trusts, foundations, schools and universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives and the engagement of our supporters in all fundraising activities
- Ensure that all supporters have regular contact with the young people they are supporting
- Nonprofit Operations
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS:
- TEAM PLAYER
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Improve your Spanish
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector
- Gain experience in international development in Latin America
- Opportunity to be creative and develop your ideas within the project
- Airport pick up
- City tour
- Support 7 days a week
- Help finding accommodation
- Useful resources to get to know Cusco and its surroundings
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Education, Fundraising, Non-Profit
Mission: Poverty Alleviation
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.