Support Children in Arequipa, Peru
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
As Communications Coordinator you will be actively involved in our communications and marketing, assisting our Director of Communications with day to day communication taks. You will manage our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and GooglePlus), our blog and newsletter, and visual media. You will also assist the Director of Communications with other ad hoc communication tasks and media relations including business outreach and developing relationships and new sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage social media channels and blog
- Create quarterly newsletter
- Media relations
- Collect and report important data, such as statistics to be used for communications material, as well as web and social media analytics.
- Be creative in expanding our communications field
- Basic Spanish skills
- Fluent in English
- Educational background in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Able to think of and research new creative ways of expanding the communications department
- Able to coordinate different projects at the same time
- Good internal communication and inter personal skills
- Good oral and written communicational skills
- Good time management
- Willingness to keep learning and improving
- Photography and basic use of Photoshop/Lightroom
- Experience in video production would be preferred
- Increased leads for new volunteers and sponsorship opportunities.
- Successful completion of pre-agreed outputs including newsletters, blogs and social media posts.
- Design (Web or Print)
- Social Media
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We offer you the opportunity to further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment. You will gain experience working in the NGO sector and learn about issues in international development. You will be mentored by the Director of Development & Communications who has 10 years of experience in the field.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Buenas tardes. Respecto al voluntariado, cumplo con todos los requisitos, pero no dispongo del dinero para mantenerme. ¿Realizan alguna excepción con respecto a poder ofrecer alojamiento? Desde ya, Muchas Gracias.
Hi Martin, thanks for your interest but unfortunately as a small organisation with very limited funding, we are unable to offer a stipend for interns at this time. We encourage interns to fundraise for their own placement or seek a grant that support such activities. We wish you the best of luck in your search for a suitable position.
Ask a question
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.