Communications Team Member -Short Term Volunteer
Support Education in Monduli, Tanzania
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Photographer, Social Media Guru, & Story Teller for School in Rural Tanzania
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
ARE YOU A STORYTELLER LOOKING TO MAKE A TANGIBLE SOCIAL IMPACT? PASSIONATE ABOUT EDUCATION AND INSPIRED BY MOTIVATED YOUNG LEADERS? EAGER TO GROW AMIDST A DIVERSE TEAM OF TALENTED PROFESSIONALS?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HARD-WORKING, CREATIVE AND PASSIONATE STORYTELLER TO JOIN OUR COMMUNICATIONS TEAM AT ORKEESWA SCHOOL IN TANZANIA, EAST AFRICA.
Our students, staff and community members have incredible stories to tell. The role of the Communications Coordinator is to capture these remarkable stories and share them with our growing community of supporters. Our organization's ability to communicate our impact, culture, and philosophy directly effects our ability to support our students with a high-quality education. Therefore, the Communications Team is a critical role that entails:
- Crafting engaging stories that highlight the value of our education model, the culture of our school and the impact of our students on their community
- Managing and growing our global community of supporters through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Email blasts, Printed Materials)
- Working closely with the Communications Director to develop and implement a PR and Marketing strategy to improve clarity of message and grow our audience
Our team is diverse, collaborative, and committed to innovative thinking. We often strategize virtually, as well as in person.
The Communications Team Members must:
- Be flexible, empathetic, open-minded and resilient
- Take risks, experiment and be creative
- Work well within a team
- Communicate effectively under pressure
- Be energized by the opportunity to work closely with our students
- Take initiative, as well as direction, with confidence
- Be willing to work and live outside of your comfort zone
- Live in shared housing without regular access to running water, electricity or other amenities
- Social Media
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
There is no program fee to volunteer at Orkeeswa School. Shared housing, utilities, transportation to/from school and meals at school are provided for all volunteers. Volunteers that commit at least six months qualify for our stipend program. Volunteers can be either short term (3/6 Month)or a long term (1 to 2 years). Volunteers are expected to pay for their own expenses to get to and from Tanzania, including round trip airfare and the necessary visa and work permits ($300-1000 USD).
Volunteers that commit at least six months qualify for our stipend program.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Education, Non-Profit, Primary/Secondary Education
Size: Medium sized organization: 25 - 100 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.