PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are looking for volunteers with a creative background to develop ideas of designs for potential new products and who have an interest to serve with empathy and compassion to an underprivileged population.
- Determine the needs of the Ecuadorian marketplace with an emphasis on the tourist trade.
- Teach project participants how to create new designs of recycled bag, greeting cards, and earring products.
- Work alongside sales and marketing volunteers to ensure smooth operation of the project.
- Other tasks may include but are not limited to overseeing workshops, marketing, and attending sales fairs.
- Basic Spanish preferred.
- 3 month minimum commitment; 6 months or longer preferred.
- Recycled design, jewelry, sewing, and printmaking skills.
- Teaching abilities.
- Willing to learn and work within a different cultural context.
- Willingness to work in a team with other volunteers to coordinate efforts and seek problem solving.
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the group.
- Sense of humor.
Cost and Support from the CENIT Community:
We ask each volunteer for a one-time contribution of $100. In exchange, you will receive daily lunch, a CENIT T-shirt, and the support of a full-time volunteer coordinator. Your contribution also supports the administrative costs of the volunteer office and helps sustain our programs.
Design new products from recycled materials that fit within our existing target market. We sell at Boutique hotels and tourist outlets as well as overseas sales.
- Design (Web or Print)
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS:
- creative thinking
- ability to work in non-traditional environment
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
Many Ecuadorian staff at the project like to practice language exchange with volunteers. NADENA provides a real life opportunity and learning experience to be immersed within a fair trade community project.
NADENA is part of a larger NGO with many volunteers working on other projects. There are often events and opportunities to travel with other volunteers, while still working within a poor neighbourhood in Quito.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Design, Marketing and Advertising, Retail
Mission: Women Empowerment
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.