Full-stack Developer to support the Experteering Movement in Lisbon
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 4½ months to 6 months
Description and Impact
With more and more professionals interested in aligning their skills to purpose-driven causes, we're looking for an Experteer to support our team and help further improve and scale our website to facilitate more and better "Experteering" projects. We are basically operating a 2-sided online marketplace, and we are currently investing in our platform to handle some of the automations we have previously handled manually, to better deliver our programs at scale.
As our Full-stack Developer, you will join our small Lisbon-based team to empower that Experteering movement. You will work closely with our product team of 2 developers and a product manager and a technical advisor to help with on-boarding, code review, and troubleshooting. The rest of the team is largely non-technical, so communication with non-technical people is a must. Our team is partly remote, and we adhere to a SCRUM-based product development process to make sure we operate efficiently as a team.
You will be working on the implementation of various new website features, and some back-end synchronizations with third-party software (CRM, Workflow automation, etc). Our core technological stack is NodeJS, hosted on AWS and data is kept in PostgreSQL.
High level result metrics on the Experteer-side:
- More Experteers signing up and finding project matches
- Less manual Admin handling time on matchmaking efforts
High level result metrics on the Organization-side:
- More organizations posting more relevant projects,
- Less handling time for organizations to post a project
General result metrics:
- User experience scores of our platform, across all key stakeholders
- Leveraging innovations (e.g. better matching algorithms, AI) to drive the business forward
Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years of prior experience as a Software Engineer, preferably with experience with customer-facing matchmaking platforms or marketplaces. You are quite comfortable working independently, and previous experience working in a Startup environment is a big bonus!
In particular, we are looking for the following technical skillset:
- Experience with complex relational database schemas, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with version control systems like GIT
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration using tools like Selenium
- Good knowledge of design patterns, enterprise data integration services
In addition, it would also be great if you have:
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with any of the following: MailChimp, Mandrill, Zendesk, Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Zapier
- A good understanding of cybersecurity
You are a good addition to small teams:
- You have experience setting clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the team
- You take initiatives, is results-driven and can work independently
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Travel Stipend
We'll cover the costs of a nice private room in a shared house or apartment with a few other Expats and/or (exchange) students.
We will provide you with a small living stipend, enough to cover your housing and local basic needs.
We will pay for your international flight to / from our team location.
You'll get the opportunity to connect with our inspiring partners around the world and learn about an exciting international social good ecosystem.
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.