Process Improvement Experts For El Salvador Small Businesses
You must be able to speak English, Spanish.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 2¾ months
Description and Impact
Share What You Know with Others, and Make a Difference!
Put your business strategy experience to work changing lives.
Our award-winning non-profit seeks experienced business consultants with at least ten years’ experience to TRAVEL to El Salvador to work with selected small and growing businesses. The firms are participants in our 18-month enterprise development program during which time they will implement two Growth Projects to tackle barriers to growth, strengthen ongoing operations, or meet a growth opportunity. The firms want to increase efficiencies in their production processes to decrease waste and costs.
About the Businesses
The small and growing businesses in our program have been in operation for two to 20 years, with 10+ employees, with annual revenue between US$100,000 and $1.5 million, and operating in diverse industries including manufacturing, food processing, tech and other services. Each firm was selected through a competitive process to participate in our program based on their appetite and capacity for growth.
Where and When
- Start working virtually by phone, email, Skype or GotoMeeting.
- Flexible dates. Travel to San Salvador for one week in second or third quarter 2017.
- Estimated work time: two days prep, six days in El Salvador, and approximately two hours a month post-trip for up to three months.
What you will be doing
- Travel to El Salvador for one week to work with two Fast Runner firms.
- Discovery. Prior to trip, review background information on each Fast Runner firm including a business profile, SWOT analysis, the firm’s mission and growth vision, website and other marketing materials. Work with Fast Runners to create a Scope of Work.
- Consult. In El Salvador, conduct business process mapping. Work with members of the leadership team to assess organizational objectives, current operational processes, identify areas of the business that require modifications and improvements. Based on the results of the process map, use operational efficiency (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen or other related methodologies) tools and techniques to improve the company’s processes.
- Mentor. Virtually coach and guide Fast Runners as the company implements the changes.
Great for people with operations skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: match@movingworlds.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
- Good For Groups
Your field stay will be fully covered.
International experience. Improve language skills. Improve leadership and coaching skills.
Strategic challenges and problem solutions.
Lunches will be included.
Logistics to and from the places of business. Local assistance from Country Manager.