Finance and HR Manager
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 12 months to 23¾ months
Description and Impact
We are a social enterprise whose aim is to assist and make a difference in the lives of rural Swazi women and their families by providing the training and income to hand weave beautiful, fashion and home décor products, and, to provide consumers with high-quality products, ethically produced with minimal effect on our environment.
An opportunity to be involved in a multi-tasking role that requires financial skills and knowledge from day to day bookkeeping, raising invoices, through to preparing monthly and yearly financial statements and management accounts, maintaining/recording stock and raw materials, updating and maintaining HR records. Specific goals are to update our accounts system so that it is more fully utilized to manage our raw materials and finished stock levels and that links our point of sale system with accounts, and provides for efficient costings of finished goods. Within HR the key tasks are to ensure that all HR records and employee contracts are up to date and maintained. Our goal is to increase annual revenue by a minimum 30% and profit margin by 15%. In essence, this role is about strengthening the financial health of the business to facilitate its growth and sustainability.
Great for people with finance and HR skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounts package has been set up to run creditors, debtors, and stock management
- POS system is providing reports required on a weekly and monthly basis
- All employees have up to date contracts and their personal information is complete
- Increase annual revenue by 30%
- Increase profit margin by 15%
- Local finance and HR administration assistant is trained in maintaining the finance and HR tasks to continue after the Experteer finishes their project
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Families
The business is located on a beautiful river facing property that has staff and management accommodation within it. A private studio will be available for this post.
Along with accommodations, we can provide a living stipend of ZAR5000 per month to the Experteer.
The Experteer will learn a number of things from working with us, including:
- Working in handcraft production is a complex and challenging environment
- Working in a different culture provides an enormous opportunity to develop both skills and personal attributes of flexibility and adaptability
- As a small business, you will have exposure to its many varying roles and functions providing the opportunity to strengthen your business acumen
- Knowing that the work we do can have a very real and tangible impact on the women artisans and their families is extremely rewarding and we personally feel privileged to be doing what we do
Swaziland is a magical place. A beautiful peaceful country and the Swazi people are easygoing. There is much to see and do and to experience, from cultural events, hiking, horse riding, white water rafting to game drives. With the added advantage of having our neighbors South Africa and Mozambique for those wishing to travel and explore further. The owners have a small eco-lodge in Mozambique where accommodation is offered to this volunteer role for free. And we are very willing to assist in organizing any activities or local travel you may wish to do.