Monitoring and Evaluation Expert to Support Education in India
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Hindi, Marathi would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
Our mission is to build capacity within educational NGOs to achieve sustainability and scalability. Ultimately, enabling delivery of quality education throughout the country. We provide partners with a systematic approach to grow and amplify their impact.
We have recently taken on seven new partner organisations and are reevaluating our monitoring and evaluation systems. We are in need of support from an expert with skills in impact assessment to help us (and therefore our partners) build robust monitoring systems so we can better measure our impact on the educational landscape of Mumbai. While these organisations are doing amazing work they are normally at a loss as to how to track their Impact. You would be working closely with our monitoring and evaluation team to develop our internal capacity and ability to then upskill the leaders of our partner organisations to create user friendly systems to track the progress of the organisations.
The main deliverables will be:
- Understanding processes and systems currently used to gather data.
- Researching impact assessment tools and best practices used by other organisations and leaders in the field.
- Collaborating with our organization to establish key indicators that will be tracked.
- Creating trackers and other systems to monitor these key indicators and track the progress of the beneficiaries and the organisation as a whole, and training our local team on how to work with them.
- Creating a schedule by which impact assessment will be performed strategically over the coming years.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
Working with us will give you a hands on grass roots experience like no other. You will be working with some of Mumbai's educational changemakers and helping make educational impact across the city. Using your skills to help these organisations build capacity and therefore deliver better quality education you will learn how to operate in a small non-profit and how to impact change at a grass roots level.
We will be able to provide a free tour of the largest slum in Asia - Dharavi.