You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
Summary: The communications component of our work aims to provide and facilitate relevant and timely information for our fundraising activities; maintaining and improving our international and local visibility through innovative strategies; and raise awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular, those affecting children and young people in Peru. The communication strategy consists of producing and disseminating information, blogs, newsletters and posts through our website, social networks and/or other relevant channels.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the International Partnerships Manager, the Communications and Information Officer will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Plan, develop and administer our communications
- Prepare and/or update a communications strategy identifying objectives, messages, audiences, and products.
- Produce and disseminate public information and high-quality print and electronic communications regarding our activities.
- Provide quality control on all print and electronic public information materials – including social media platforms, the website, videos, blogs, organizational brochures and information packets, briefing books, etc.
- Promote a better understanding and awareness of socioeconomic realities and our programs.
- Ensure that communication practices reflect our priorities, mission, and vision.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organizations (including local government, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
Great for people with communication skills!
Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Degree in communications, languages, international relations or related field.
- Volunteering and/or work experience (including communications, PR, field and/or international development experience) highly desirable.
- Interest in acquiring communications and international development experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Experience/good knowledge of social media usage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Personal Qualities: We are looking for self-assured, motivated self-starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgemental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in an International Development context.
Note: Volunteers are expected to cover all their own costs – including flights, visas, and insurance. Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions above will not be accepted. All successful volunteer applicants must undergo a CRB check prior to acceptance – which will be free of charge and LAFF will help to arrange. LAFF will hold interviews with suitable applicants. Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful applicants.