Financial Strategy Experteer
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanishwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 4½ months
Description and Impact
We are a young organization in Medellin part of and supported by a global movement of change-makers. We are an innovation lab. A business Incubator. A social enterprise community center. We are developing unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities to grow the positive impact of your work. Joining our diverse community of members and collaborators will inspire, connect, and enable you to develop your best work every step of the way.
We have recently started operations in Medellin and opened out pilot space, and have started to host coworkers, events, etc. The dynamics are fantastic and currently our challenge is to get to break-even financially with paid membership and other revenue generating activities we’ve identified. So far we have not received any investment or institutional funding, but this is something we are hoping to close in the next 3 months.
Currently we are looking for a professional with background finance / business consulting, to support us with our:
- Financial Strategy
- Financial Statements
- Revenue / Pricing optimization
- Investment Strategy and Institutional fundraising
Your Supervisor is the Director of International Partnerships. You'll work closely together with him and the rest of the team.
Other things we look for in an ideal candidate for this position are:
- Good communicator / writer
- Proven track record with closing investment round for early-stage company
- (Basic) Spanish (work knowledge)
Other Values and Skills we want to practice & promote:
- Value working in teams and be able to actively lead and contribute to the success of the team as a whole
- Willingness to think outside the box and try new things
- Interest in developing leadership potential and community involvement
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to ask for help and admit your mistakes
- Open to continual self development
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to self-assess priorities and take action
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We anticipate the following deliverables, in chronological order:
- A work plan with a comprehensive strategy, integrating the 4 above-mentioned points, defining the different deliverables.
- Investment strategy proposal, including a rationale of recommended investment instruments and potential investor long-list
- Investor pitch deck / term-sheet and follow up documentation (in collaboration with supervisor
- Evaluation with analysis of financial strengths, weaknesses, learnings, etc.
Additional Useful Skills
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
We will probably offer a private room in a shared apartment in one of the best neighborhoods of Medellin, close to our office. The people living there will be a mix of Colombian and Expat entrepreneurs, with a relaxed attitude and pro-active lifestyles. Close proximity to all the modern services and amenities needed for comfortable living
We are a startup and in a high learning curve. We learn a lot every day by being immersed in our community and exposed to so many great ideas and projects. As part of our team, you will learn every day about these projects. Medellin is in a highly dynamic phase and new opportunities and projects present themselves every day.
More in general you will learn about social enterprise development in Colombia - and what are the current barriers and opportunities. You will learn about the local entrepreneurial ecosystem, its rates of success, social innovation and specific challenges for Medellin
Furthermore, you will get to know many inspiring people and probably make friends for life.
Full and Unlimited Access to our Co-working office space
Free access to all our events. (we have events several times a week, such as: Social & Cultural Events, Trainings & Courses, Language Exchange, etc. etc.)