Financial Strategy Experteer
Support Decent Work and Economic Growth in Medellín, Colombia
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are a young organization in Medellin part of and supported by a global movement of change-makers. We are an innovation lab. A business Incubator. A social enterprise community center. We are developing unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration, and collaboration opportunities to grow the positive impact of your work. Joining our diverse community of members and collaborators will inspire, connect, and enable you to develop your best work every step of the way.
We have recently started operations in Medellin and opened out pilot space, and have started to host coworkers, events, etc. The dynamics are fantastic and currently our challenge is to get to break-even financially with paid membership and other revenue generating activities we’ve identified. So far we have not received any investment or institutional funding, but this is something we are hoping to close in the next 3 months.
Currently we are looking for a professional with background finance / business consulting, to support us with our:
- Financial Strategy
- Financial Statements
- Revenue / Pricing optimization
- Investment Strategy and Institutional fundraising
Your Supervisor is the Director of International Partnerships. You'll work closely together with him and the rest of the team.
Other things we look for in an ideal candidate for this position are:
- Good communicator / writer
- Proven track record with closing investment round for early-stage company
- (Basic) Spanish (work knowledge)
Other Values and Skills we want to practice & promote:
- Value working in teams and be able to actively lead and contribute to the success of the team as a whole
- Willingness to think outside the box and try new things
- Interest in developing leadership potential and community involvement
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to ask for help and admit your mistakes
- Open to continual self development
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to self-assess priorities and take action
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We anticipate the following deliverables, in chronological order:
- A work plan with a comprehensive strategy, integrating the 4 above-mentioned points, defining the different deliverables.
- Investment strategy proposal, including a rationale of recommended investment instruments and potential investor long-list
- Investor pitch deck / term-sheet and follow up documentation (in collaboration with supervisor
- Evaluation with analysis of financial strengths, weaknesses, learnings, etc.
- Business Strategy
- Impact Investing
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS:
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We will probably offer a private room in a shared apartment in one of the best neighborhoods of Medellin, close to our office. The people living there will be a mix of Colombian and Expat entrepreneurs, with a relaxed attitude and pro-active lifestyles. Close proximity to all the modern services and amenities needed for comfortable living
We are a startup and in a high learning curve. We learn a lot every day by being immersed in our community and exposed to so many great ideas and projects. As part of our team, you will learn every day about these projects. Medellin is in a highly dynamic phase and new opportunities and projects present themselves every day.
More in general you will learn about social enterprise development in Colombia - and what are the current barriers and opportunities. You will learn about the local entrepreneurial ecosystem, its rates of success, social innovation and specific challenges for Medellin
Furthermore, you will get to know many inspiring people and probably make friends for life.
Full and Unlimited Access to our Co-working office space
Free access to all our events. (we have events several times a week, such as: Social & Cultural Events, Trainings & Courses, Language Exchange, etc. etc.)
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Facilities Services
Mission: Decent Work and Economic Growth
Size: Startup: founder(s) only
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.