Communications Team Coordinator - Long Term Experteer
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Afrikaans would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 6 weeks to 5½ months
Description and Impact
Please note, accepted applications are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
ARE YOU A STORYTELLER LOOKING TO MAKE A TANGIBLE SOCIAL IMPACT? PASSIONATE ABOUT EDUCATION AND INSPIRED BY MOTIVATED YOUNG LEADERS? EAGER TO GROW AMIDST A DIVERSE TEAM OF TALENTED PROFESSIONALS?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HARD-WORKING, CREATIVE AND PASSIONATE STORYTELLER TO JOIN OUR COMMUNICATIONS TEAM AT IN TANZANIA, EAST AFRICA.
Our students, staff and community members have incredible stories to tell. The role of the Communications Coordinator is to capture these remarkable stories and share them with our growing community of supporters. Our organization's ability to communicate our impact, culture, and philosophy directly effects our ability to support our students with a high-quality education. Therefore, the Communications Coordinator is a critical role that entails:
- Crafting engaging stories that highlight the value of our education model, the culture of our school and the impact of our students on their community
- Managing and growing our global community of supporters through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Email blasts, Printed Materials)
- Working closely with the Communications Director to develop and implement a PR and Marketing strategy to improve clarity of message and grow our audience
Our team is diverse, collaborative, and committed to innovative thinking. We often strategize virtually, as well as in person.
The Communications Coordinator must:
- Be flexible, empathetic, open-minded and resilient
- Take risks, experiment and be creative
- Work well within a team
- Communicate effectively under pressure
- Be energized by the opportunity to work closely with our students
- Take initiative, as well as direction, with confidence
- Be willing to work and live outside of your comfort zone
- Live in shared housing without regular access to running water, electricity or other amenities
We accept Experteers for a variety of time period. Please mention how long you're interested in Experteering during your introduction request. Thank you.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Meal Stipend
There is no program fee to volunteer at Orkeeswa School. Shared housing, utilities, transportation to/from school and meals at school are provided for all volunteers. Volunteers that commit at least six months qualify for our stipend program. Volunteers can be either short term (3/6 Month)or a long term (1 to 2 years). Volunteers are expected to pay for their own expenses to get to and from Tanzania, including round trip airfare and the necessary visa and work permits ($300-1000 USD).
Volunteers that commit at least six months qualify for our stipend program.
Shared housing, utilities, transportation to/from school and meals at school are provided for all volunteers.