Strategic Partnerships Fellow to support Social Entrepreneurs in Guatemala
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start Flexible and stay for 7¼ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
Our organization is Central America's premier center for social entrepreneurship and innovation. Our Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social impact through a hands-on experience with a pioneer organization. Through a complete professional and personal development experience, Fellows acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
WHERE YOU COME IN
You will fully integrate into and directly support our Strategic Partnerships team by identifying, developing, and leading strategic initiatives that enable our organization to address sector gaps and opportunities, social and environmental needs, and our positioning and growth in the region.
* Lead the design, financing and planning of Cultivation programs, workshops that guide social entrepreneurs to achieve traction, growth and disruptive social-environmental impact. Main activities include:
- Conduct market research to complement and deepen sectoral knowledge
- Manage the final design and high-level strategy of the program
- Identify and lead contact with potential partners for financing, mentoring, and sectoral information, among others, accompanying team members in meetings and negotiations
* Support the development and execution of our growth strategy in the medium term. Main activities include:
- Define different market segments for our organization, identify and analyze potential partners in each segment and support to define projects and proposals of value adapted to each one
- Conduct market research to identify and deepen knowledge of areas, sectors, and intersections for the growth of our organization in the future
- Analyze and evaluate new market opportunities and develop entry and growth strategies
* Participate in a variety of other sector activities and events, such as:
- Continuously research and develop market intelligence on opportunities, trends, and best practices in social innovation
- Support in the systematization of a bidding process, grants and other types of proposals
- Participate in FLII CA&C (The Latin American Impact Investing Forum for Central America and the Caribbean), a forum hosted by our organization in November 2019 that brings together over 600 international and regional leaders in impact investing and social entrepreneurship
- Regular sector events and meetings with partners (when relevant) such as ANDE (Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs), Pronacom (Programa Nacional de Competitividad Guatemala), and GIF (Guatemala Innovation Forum)
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who seek to immerse themselves in problems; those who do not take 'no' for an answer and if you like to have fun while working, we will not be disappointed.
Successful candidates have the following experiences and skills:
* Prior professional experience (ideally 1+ years) in related career, such as Public Policy, Consulting, Market Research, Economic Analysis and more
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study, such as Economics, International Relations, Public Policy, Business Administration, Political Science, and more; Masters a plus
* Spanish professional linguistic competency, with excellent written and verbal communication
* Strong organizational and project management skills, able to manage multiple tasks at once
* Strong interpersonal skills, complemented by humility, empathy, and cultural sensitivity
* A proven balance of autonomy and self-motivation with strong team collaboration skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage complexity, and adapt to challenges with minimal resources
* Knowledge and passion for the social entrepreneurship and impact investment sectors
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Good For Groups
The fast track to the front line of social innovation.
Our Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social impact through a hands-on experience with a pioneer organization. Through a complete professional and personal development experience, Fellows acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
Specifically, the Fellowship provides the unique opportunity to:
* Gain a comprehensive and deep understanding of the social impact sector and its key players, trends, strategies and best practices
* Connect with a global and wide-reaching network of impact leaders, presenting invaluable opportunities for connections and career development
* Directly contribute to our organization's high growth trajectory as it leads the sector of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Central America and beyond
* Generate a lasting and sustainable impact on the region by leading high-impact projects with national and international partners
* Join our talented, multicultural, fun-loving tribe that is solving the region's most important challenges
* Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the history, culture and reality of Guatemala, the heart of the Mayan civilization and the most diverse country in Central America, with extraordinary access to captivating landscapes, adventures and cultural experiences