Business Strategy Fellow to Support Social Entrepreneurship in Guatemala
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start Flexible and stay for 7¼ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
Our organization is Central America's premier center for social entrepreneurship and innovation. Our Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social entrepreneurship through a hands-on experience with pioneering organizations in the impact sector. By directly supporting and collaborating with regional social entrepreneurs, Fellows of our program acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
WHERE YOU COME IN
You will actively support and lead our Cultivation programs and workshops that guide social entrepreneurs to achieve traction, growth and disruptive social-environmental impact.
* Learn and develop as an impact professional through an intensive, in-depth and comprehensive curriculum on launching and scaling impact business models; this consists of an initial multi-week training and continued education
* Develop sound knowledge in a diversity of sectors, industries, and models, researching markets and preparing for interactions with entrepreneurs
* Prepare tools and materials for the workshops, continuously monitoring and improving our methodology
* Interact directly with social entrepreneurs in the workshops, supporting them in their growth trajectory
Success in this role will be defined by your ability to get up to speed quickly with our leading methodology and play an empathetic, supportive, and practical role for entrepreneurs.
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who seek to immerse themselves in problems; those who do not take 'no' for an answer and if you like to have fun while working, we will not be disappointed.
Successful candidates have a solid business background and knowledge and have the following experiences and skills:
* Previous professional experience (ideally 2+ years) in related functions, including but not limited to Management Consulting, Commercial, Start up, and Finance, etc.
* Ideally a bachelor's degree in business administration or related careers; Master’s a plus
* Spanish professional linguistic competency, with excellent written and verbal communication
* Strong interpersonal skills, complemented by humility, empathy, and cultural sensitivity
* A proven balance of autonomy and self-motivation with strong team collaboration skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage complexity, and adapt to challenges with minimal resources
* Knowledge and passion for the social entrepreneurship and impact investment sectors
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Good For Groups
The fast track to the front line of social innovation.
The Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory and a comprehensive, real-world foundation in social entrepreneurship through a hands-on experience with a pioneer organization in the impact sector. By directly supporting and collaborating with regional social entrepreneurs, our Fellows acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
Specifically, the Fellowship provides the unique opportunity to:
* Directly support and collaborate with a wide and diverse range of regional entrepreneurs (up to ~60 over the course of an 8-month Fellowship, always depending on the performance of the Fellow and at the discretion of our team), granting exposure to a variety of business models, sectors and industries
* Gain a comprehensive and deep understanding of impact business models and the tools, strategies and best practices to develop and scale ventures in an emerging market
* Connect with a global and wide-reaching network of impact leaders, presenting invaluable opportunities for connections and career opportunities
* Join our organization's talented, multicultural, fun-loving tribe that is solving the region's most important challenges
* Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the history, culture and reality of Guatemala, the heart of the Mayan civilization and the most diverse country in Central America, with extraordinary access to captivating landscapes, adventures and cultural experiences